Established in 2017, the Centre for Contemporary Australasian Business and Economics Studies (CCABES) is a focal point for researchers of Australasian business and economic developments among staff in the Faculty of Business. The Centre’s focuses on inter-disciplinary research.
To be a Centre of excellence for collaborative research on contemporary Australasian business and economics.
To develop, promote and encourage research excellence through collaborative research and activities on contemporary Australasian business and economics. To further the Faculty’s international research profile and standing through innovative and high quality research which has broad academic, business and policy impact.
CCABES is conducting research into:
- Asian capital markets, finance and disclosure
- Competition policy and regulation
- Social change/responsibility and accountability
- Entrepreneurship, SMEs, innovation and growth
- Cross border trade, production and regional integration
- Economic development issues – inequality, poverty and inclusion