Dean's Scholars Program for Current Students
The Dean's Scholars Program is offered as part of the Bachelor of Commerce for high achieving single degree students.
This degree provides an enriched educational experience for high achieving students that will encourage them to continue their studies through to the completion of honours and research degrees. Entry will be by application and possibly an interview for candidates with a minimum Australian Tertiary Admission Rank (ATAR) of 93 or equivalent.
Current student can apply satisfying the following criteria;
- Completed Minimum 48 credit points
- Weighted average mark of 75 or above
- Have a Minimum of 48 credit points still to complete
Dean's Scholars may receive mentoring from an academic in their selected discipline and have special opportunities to attend workshops, seminars, obtain access to work experience and leadership development opportunities.
PLEASE NOTE: Students who transfer from one course to another are liable to pay the fee prescribed for the new course that year.
Applications forms can be found here Online Student Forms
The entire Dean's Scholar Program is offered at Wollongong campus. Students can study Accounting and/or Management majors at our satellite campuses (Southern Sydney, Shoalhaven, Southern Highlands, Bateman's Bay and Bega). All students can study the first year of a Dean's Scholar Program at a satellite campus but must complete their last two years at Wollongong if they major in other areas.
- $500 book allowance per year (pro rata for part time) to a maximum of $1500.00
- extended library borrowing rights
- mentoring with academic staff
- special seminars/workshops designed especially for scholars; encouragement to attend research seminars
- opportunities for work opportunities within the Faculty
- use of a dedicated Dean's Scholars study facility
- leadership development opportunities
- Weighted Average Mark (WAM) of at least 75 each to continue in the program