Business International Peer Mentoring (BIPM)
Peer mentors are available to new international students in both Sydney and Wollongong. Business International Peer Mentoring (BIPM) program focuses on supporting incoming international students by pairing them with International Peer Mentors. International Peer Mentors are experienced UOW business students who can share their knowledge and experience, and aim to build confidence in their mentees to adjust to both university life and life in Australia. This program provides an opportunity to meet other students, as well as develop a greater understanding of Australian culture, and other cultures.
Being mentored involves regular one-to-one informal meetings on campus with an International Peer Mentor throughout the trimester, and can be arranged around the availabilities of the mentee and mentor.
To be assigned a mentor or for more information about the program, please contact one of the following:
What are the benefits of having an International Peer Mentor?
- They will help you settle in to your new surroundings at UOW
- Allow you to quickly make new friends from different cultures and backgrounds
- Learn about Australian culture and help you overcome culture shock
- Get advice from a fellow student on making the most out of your experience at UOW
- Get the chance to attend various social and cultural activities throughout the trimester
Want to be an International Peer Mentor?
Volunteering to be an International Peer Mentor will allow you to assist new international students commencing at the UOW Sydney Business School. The role is recognised by UOWx. More details about the role can be found here.