Future Higher Degree Research (HDR) Students
The Faculty of Business aims to be a global leader in the theory and practice of responsible business. The advancement of business-related knowledge through ground-breaking research and industry collaboration promotes responsible leadership and sustainable business practices. This creates exciting opportunities for our research students who have access to world-class facilities and excellent support from our award winning faculty.
Our HDR students are expected to have a desire to contribute to a stronger economy and a more inclusive society, and a commitment to success.
While supervision is of the highest standard, we expect individuals to take responsibility for their own progress. Research scholars are encouraged to add value to their degrees, through additional programmes designed to develop the skills and knowledge appropriate for careers in Industry, Government, Research, or Academia.
Applying for Higher Degree Research
To be considered for a place in our HDR program you will need to submit an application at UOW Apply Online where you will have the option to save your application at any point and come back to it later.
Please note that you may leave the Supervisor section blank and your application will be considered by appropriate potential supervisors within the Faculty as part of our assessment process (see Admission Procedure for more information).
In order to submit your application you will be required to provide the following documentation:
- a research proposal (see Guidelines )
- two references from academic staff who have either taught or supervised you
- a curriculum vitae (which includes details of your previous research experience and academic prizes/awards, employment history, and a list of relevant written work and publications)
- University transcripts
- English language qualifications (see UOW’s English language requirements)
Applicants will be invited to sit an interview (by Skype if necessary) if their application progresses through the initial assessment stage.
- HDR Students Fees
- Higher Research Degrees at the University of Wollongong
- Students with minimal research experience and subject matter training may like to consider the four (4) year PhD (Integrated) course
- UOW Scholarships